The folks in South Miami are in for a treat – Verrus PayByPhone and the City of South Miami have just announced the official launch of PayByPhone parking. Now instead of having to fumble around with change to deal with parking machines – users can simply use their cellphones to ensure they never get a ticket for a parking violation ever again! All users have to do is head over to paybyphone.com and sign up there or call up 1-888-950-PARK (7275) when parking. If your parking time is about to expire, the service can even send you a text a few minutes before it expires so you’ll know if you need to top up your parking fee or you should get ready to leave. Such convenient use of technology. Let’s hope this system gets rolled out to the rest of the nation as well.
- 2013-01-07: INRIX Parking app helps you locate parking spots
- 2012-12-04: Parker App Helps Users Find Parking Spots
- 2012-02-14: Kinect used to aid reverse parking
- 2011-08-16: ParkingAuction lets you sell your parking spot
- 2011-08-03: RFID tag system allows you to pay for your parking easily