Are your plants always turning a strange shade of brown because you tend to forget to water them? Perhaps you’d like technology to come to your rescue. Someone out there probably decided that it was too tiresome to remember when to do these menial tasks and came up with a solution. The solution involved giving the plants a voice via a “plant whisperer” to notify you. Using moisture probes, the device measures the moisture in the soil every two hours and reports the status, telling you whether it’s too wet, too dry or just right. The messages are in text form and converted to speech in real time. It would probably sound a little scary at night if the plants are in your room, but at least the plants shouldn’t die. Check out the video of it in action after the jump.
Next Story: iPhone mini to be half the size of iPhone 4?
- 2014-03-27: DIY ‘Cyclops’ Laser Visor Lets You Cosplay As An X-Man
- 2014-03-26: Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-10: Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- 2014-02-27: Toro-bots Help Out In Your Garden Reorganization Effort
- 2014-01-19: Novena Open Laptop Prototype
- 2013-09-01: Dad “Hacks” Wheelchair For Kid To Increase Mobility
- 2013-08-01: Magic 8 Ball Hacked To Show Images Instead
- 2012-08-22: The Dark Pi Rises in the form of a drone
- 2011-11-04: Royal Data Throne made out of printed circuit boards
- 2011-11-02: Tweephone hack is definitely something worth looking at