This is bad news for owners of the original Palm Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi, as according to folks to talked who Jon Rubinstein after HP’s webOS event, it has been confirmed that said devices won’t be receiving the previously promised update to webOS 2.0. According to Rubinstein, Palm had missed a product cycle in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP and the older products don’t have enough grunt to run webOS 2.0 and beyond. He did mention that HP would do “something special” for owners of older hardware when the new devices such as the Pre 3, Veer and TouchPad hit the market, but at this point we can only guess what it might be. If you’re an existing Palm Pre, Pre Plus or Pixi owner, are you planning to upgrade to the latest webOS devices?
Next Story: Windows Phone 7 coming to Nokia devices?
- 2013-12-30 'Cards' Interface Rumored For LG WebOS TV
- 2013-12-24 HP Smartphones Rumored To Be Making A Return
- 2013-12-19 LG WebOS TV Will Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-09-17 HP Blasts Rumors That It Is Making A Smartphone
- 2013-06-20 webOS Like Fate Predicted For Windows RT
- 2011-06-29 Palm Pre and Pixi owners receive $50 mail-in rebate on $599 HP TouchPad
- 2010-01-07 Palm Press Conference Wrap-Up
- 2010-01-16 Palm Pre Plus And Pixi Plus Pricing Rumor
- 2010-02-05 Slacker Radio offers service on bevy of Palm devices
- 2010-04-13 Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus arrives in Germany this April 28th