Sony has just released a statement on their official PlayStation blog, stating that anyone who hacks their PlayStation 3 or runs unauthorized or pirated software will be permanently banned from the PlayStation Network and won’t be able to use Qriocity services through the PlayStation 3. It looks like they’re not going to take any more antics from the community who refuse to stay down with each jailbreak and hack after every update. While these seem like serious threats that would probably keep would-be hackers from becoming one, it’s probably going to make hackers work even harder to circumvent such measures. What do you think of Sony’s new policy?
Next Story: Xperia Play price unveiled?
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2013-04-11 Ubisoft Announces Flashback Remake For XBLA, PSN
- 2013-03-29 Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Headed To PSN Next Week
- 2011-02-18 Hackers respond to Sony’s PS3 threats