Sony has just released a statement on their official PlayStation blog, stating that anyone who hacks their PlayStation 3 or runs unauthorized or pirated software will be permanently banned from the PlayStation Network and won’t be able to use Qriocity services through the PlayStation 3. It looks like they’re not going to take any more antics from the community who refuse to stay down with each jailbreak and hack after every update. While these seem like serious threats that would probably keep would-be hackers from becoming one, it’s probably going to make hackers work even harder to circumvent such measures. What do you think of Sony’s new policy?
Next Story: Xperia Play price unveiled?
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2013-04-11: Ubisoft Announces Flashback Remake For XBLA, PSN
- 2013-03-29: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Headed To PSN Next Week
- 2011-02-18: Hackers respond to Sony’s PS3 threats