ST-Ericsson will be launching the world’s smallest receiver that is able to see both American GPS and Russian GLONASS position satellites. Called the CG1950, this receiver will enable mobile devices to have a much more reliable positioning system. With access to two different satellites, the CG1950 can locate you faster and much more reliably. The ST-Ericsson CG1950 will be available as a standalone component or integrated into ST-Ericsson complete cellular platforms. The CG1950 has an extremely low power consumption (30 hours with a standard 850mAh) so you can expect devices that carry this receiver to last longer when using its tracking services. Expect to see this receiver in devices by Q3 of 2011. Say hello to instant Foursquare check-ins wherever you are in the world.RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: GPS, location, st-ericsson,