[MWC 2011] The Wholesale Applications Community (WAC) was announced a year back by operators in order to challenge app stores run by Google and Apple, and now the WAC has delivered its first web applications and white-label app store that can be customized by operators. Ericsson has developed a white-label, WAC-enabled storefront based on the IBM WebSphere Commerce software that can be customized by operators. The storefront is offered to operators as a cloud-based service and offers the usual features such as browsing, downloading and purchasing apps and widgets. Operator features include the ability to promote individual applications and also automatically provide discounts based on customer preference and also buying behaviors.
- 2014-01-27 Samsung Signs Cross-Licensing Deal With Ericsson
- 2013-04-08 Microsoft Focuses On Xbox With Mediaroom IPTV Sale To Ericsson
- 2012-12-04 Ericsson seeks a US import ban on Samsung products
- 2012-11-27 Ericsson files lawsuit against Samsung in the US citing alleged patent infringement
- 2012-05-11 Ericsson’s Connected Me concept could turn you into a human USB