Look up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it is the X-47B drone stealth bomber that is currently undergoing test flights! This bat-winged jet does look like a smaller B-2 stealth bomber from certain angles, and it managed to go through a successful maiden flight on Monday at Edwards Air Force Base in California.Operated from a ground control station at Edwards, the entire flight took 29 minutes and was conducted at 5,000 ft. with landing gear down, where it went through a racetrack pattern over the dry lakebed with standard-rate turns. Will pilots be phased out in the future as the only thing they will fly are drones, should technology catch up eventually to such a degree?
Next Story: WWDC 2011 on 5-9th June?
- 2014-04-11: Drones That Recharge Themselves On Power Lines
- 2014-03-23: New Drone Could Usher In A Modern Day Quidditch Equivalent
- 2014-03-09: WAVEcopter Waterproof Quadcopter Does Not Mind Getting Wet
- 2014-03-09: CUPID Drone Comes With 80,000 Volt Stun Gun
- 2014-02-27: Rolls-Royce Working On Sea-Faring Drones