News involving Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Play keeps coming in. In the last week, we found out the Xperia Play would come out in mid-April on Verizon in the US, that it would be delayed in the UK on O2 due to bugs, that Google pulled an unofficial PlayStation emulator off the Android Market and now official PlayStation games for the smartphone are live. Available games are: Syphon Filter, MediEvil and Cool Boarders 2 for a cheap $6.38. How Sony came up with the loose change is anybody’s guess. The game selection is hardly worth the money, with the exception of Syphon Filter, but if the pricing stays relatively constant for future PlayStation releases, Xperia Play owners should be in for a some fun times ahead. We recently had a chance to toy around with the Xperia Play and we have to admit, it’s a very slick piece of gadgetry that’s super fast thanks to its 1GHz processor. With a beautiful 4-inch screen, old games like Crash Bandicoot that would normally look awful on a huge HDTV look crisp and sharp on it.
Next Story: The Typescreen turns your iPad into a typewriter
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2011-09-08: AT&T releases Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-04-01: Full Lineup of Xperia Play Games Unveiled, Global Launch Imminent
- 2011-03-25: Xperia Play Delayed in UK Due to Software Bugs, U.S. Delay Coming?
- 2011-03-22: Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play to Drop on Verizon in Mid-April