The Acer Media Remote (model RMTP-S1Q) is a small touch device that has a few pre-defined functions to control media playback. As you can see, you will find things like Play/Pause, Forward/Backward, Volume, Mute and other controls. It can also be used as a trackpad, to move a mouse cursor. The overall goal is to use it to replace a mouse, and that’s useful if you use a PC as a Media Center in the living room.
I do just that, and I’m a bit skeptical about this product. First of all, there are a ton of Android and iOS apps that do that and more for free or $1. If you don’t have a tablet/smartphone, I would recommend that you to look at an Airmouse. Finally, the Logitech Mini controller could also be better, thanks to its keyboard. More photos on the FCC website, via Wirelessgoodness
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing