The next instalment of Angry Birds, known as Angry Birds Rio, will be heading towards the Amazon Appstore rather than the Android platform – and it will be an exclusive, to boot. This offering from Amazon is an alternative to the Android Market, being a work in progress for a handful of months already. Being a flagship application in the store, it ought to carry enough weight by itself to drive downloads, with Amazon stating that they partnered with Rovio so that Angry Birds Rio will bring “more traffic to the Amazon Appstore and more customers for [developers].” We still don’t know when the Amazon Appstore will open, although “very soon” is on the cards.
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2011-03-22: Amazon launches Appstore with Angry Birds Rio and gets sued by Apple