Some Apple TV users have reported flickering issues after upgrading to the 4.2 firmware. According to those who posted in an Apple support forum, their television flicker every few seconds. What they seem to have in common is that they are using the most recent hardware revision of Apple TV. Some are using an HDMI connection, while others have an HDMI to DVI adapter. For them, this problem has started after the 4.3 upgrade.
TVs from different brands are affected. In the thread, we’ve seen Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and other models/brands listed by users. We have tried it on our own Apple TV (2) and Samsung LCD TV, but our combination of hardware does not trigger the issue. What about you?
- 2014-04-09: Interactive TV Bus Is World’s First
- 2014-03-20: 8K TV Broadcast Testing In Japan To Begin By 2016
- 2014-03-10: LG 2014 TV Lineup Introduced In South Korea
- 2014-03-04: Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- 2014-01-23: NHK In Japan Tests 8K Video Broadcast
- 2012-03-02: Apple wants to launch TV streaming service by Christmas?
- 2011-10-27: Apple's TV could be powered by Siri
- 2011-08-29: Apple developing TV for 2012 (rumor)