The folks over at BGR have apparently been given some information on the BlackBerry PlayBook’s launch date. According to their sources, RIM’s upcoming QNX tablet will be released in stores in just over a month – April 10 2011. They were also told that the operating system will be made Gold Master on March 31, so when you first turn on your PlayBook, you’ll have to install the update for the device. Normally we’re a fan of updates, but not being able to play with a brand new device as soon as you take it out of the box and power it on takes the kick out of it. Hopefully it won’t take too long to update and the update won’t cause any problems (like what happened to the Adam). How many of you will be getting your hands on the PlayBook when it is released?
Next Story: iPad 2: darkest before the dawn
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'
- 2011-12-21: RIM now accepting Android app submissions from aggregator developers
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-12-07: BlackBerry PlayBook update disables dingleberry root
- 2011-11-21: BlackBerry PlayBook on sale from $199 for a limited time