Blackbird Guitars has just announced the release of the Blackbird Rider – a travel-sized guitar (3/4 the size of a full-sized one) that is made almost entirely out of carbon fiber. It weighs merely 3 pounds and is designed in such a way to give out as much sound as possible despite its small size. This was done by making the whole guitar from one piece of carbon fiber instead of separate pieces because joints would’ve absorbed the sound and vibrations. With only 18 frets, you’re not going to be able to shred those high notes with this guitar, but then again anyone buying acoustic guitars aren’t planning to do any shredding with it. The Blackbird Rider doesn’t come cheap though, as we already know style comes with a price, and this guitar starts off at a hefty $1,600. Head here for more details.
Next Story: iPhone 5 prototypes seen in the wild?
- 2014-03-21: Trip To China: Smog Insurance Now Available
- 2014-01-06: Netgear Trek N300 Travel Router
- 2014-01-06: D-Link DIR-510L WiFi AC750 Travel Router / Charger
- 2013-07-15: U.K. Border Police Able To Seize Traveller's Phones And Download Info
- 2013-05-15: Space Adventures Beckons For The Rich
- 2013-04-15: Star Wars Guitars Places Millennium Falcon At Your Fingertips
- 2013-04-08: The Email Guitar Lets You Shred Your Way To Responding To Correspondences
- 2013-03-24: NES Shaped Guitar
- 2012-08-02: Cybertech T-RON custom electric guitar
- 2012-05-21: gTar could bring out the virtuoso in you