Foursquare has just announced that later this evening, they will be releasing an update to bring their popular social check-in service app to version 3.0. The update will add a bunch of new features to the app, to increase Foursquare’s functionality as well as improve the user experience of the app. The Tips tab has now been removed to make way for the Explore tab that recommends places to Foursquare users depending on what they are looking for (food, nightlife, shops etc). It gives suggestions based on your check-in history – where you’ve been, who you’ve been with, frequency of your check-ins and so on. Version 3.0 now brings back an emphasis on points, something that has faded away from the limelight. It also brings new merchant features i.e. check-in specials, friend specials, flash specials, swarm specials, newbie specials, mayor specials, loyalty specials and so on – expect to be rewarded a lot more (that is, if merchants decide to play along with Foursquare). What do you think of the new Foursquare features?RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: app, check-in, foursquare, location, social, update,