HP is really stepping up its game with webOS this year. After a relatively quiet 2010, it looks like the giant PC manufacturer has its sights set on dominating the mobile and desktop world with webOS this year. The TouchPad has been officially announced to arrive in June this year. In addition to webOS arriving on tablets and phones, a beta version for PCs will be unveiled by the end of the year. The beta is said to be run inside a web browser, which answers the question about how they plan to integrate it with computers, though whether the final version will run inside a browser as well is yet to be seen. But so far, things sound interesting and 2011 could prove to be a fruitful year for HP.
Next Story: RIP: Zune music player
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2012-03-15 webOS 3.0.5: More source code to be released by HP
- 2011-11-08 HP TouchPad will be sold to developers for $149.99
- 2011-10-18 HP releases OTA update for TouchPad
- 2011-10-06 HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30 HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD