HTC’s successor to the HTC Desire, a well-loved Android phone, the HTC Desire S will be making reaching the stores in the UK next month. Vodafone officially announced the phone and it will go on sale April 8 for free with a 2-year contract with the carrier. The HTC Desire S will feature a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor, a 3.7″ (800 x 480) display, a 5 megapixel rear camera, a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera, Android 2.4 (Gingerbread), WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. The physical buttons and trackpad on the front of the original Desire will be missed, but the Desire S looks ready to pick up the mantle or its predecessor.
Next Story: Windows Phone 7 Mango caught on video?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-04-11: Gingerbread coming to ThunderBolt and EVO 4G
- 2011-03-09: Gingerbread with Sense 2.1 ROM on Desire Z and T-Mobile G2
- 2011-02-18: HTC Desire S up for pre-order on Amazon UK