The iPad 2 will be officially introduced in less than two hours. During the night, an iPad 2 leak from Asia (photo above) is the closest thing to the real deal that the world will see before we know for sure what the next generation iPad will be like. This iPad 2 page lists the leaks and rumors that we have been following in the recent past. Some are credible, some definitely aren’t, but they are worth looking at.
The iPad will be born in a world crowded by Android competitors determined to take away market share. Despite largely dominating the tablet market, Apple will now have to fight to stay ahead and keep its lead. This is critical as such a lead in tablet market share allows Apple to keep the initiative, and most importantly keep developers focused on its platform.
So far, it seems that some high-end features might not make it, such as the super high resolution display. What is true and what isn’t – we’ll know for sure in two hours. Head to our live blogging page to check out our meta-live coverage of the iPad 2 launch.
- 2011-04-19: iOS Outreaches Android by 59% says Comscore
- 2011-04-11: iPad 2 to see action in kindergartens
- 2011-04-06: 100 Atari Classic Games on iOS
- 2011-03-09: Toshiba Tablet "Superior to iPad 2" Says... Toshiba
- 2011-03-02: iPad 2 is a quintessential "product upgrade"