Those who missed the iPad train the first time round definitely do not intend to make the same mistake the second time – it seems that with the iPad 2 being sold out, around 70% of the purchasers are new folks jumping onto the iPad bandwagon – at least that is what analyst Gene Munster and his team over at Piper Jaffray claim. This isn’t a definitely survey at all, but it does seem to point in a direction where Apple is working to go beyond its main fan base to reach the mass market – folks who have plenty of other devices apart from Apple gear. The 70% figure came about by interviewing 236 would-be buyers in lines in New York and Minneapolis, while throwing in some calls to other retailers who are also looking for the iPad 2. Are you one of the 70%?
Next Story: Amazon.com might have rival tablet to iPad 2
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2011-09-20: iPad 2 comes to China with 3G this Wednesday
- 2011-09-01: Foxconn to ship 20M iPads to Apple in Q3 2011
- 2011-08-02: iPad Head Girl
- 2011-06-27: Singapore National Service recruits to receive iPads this November
- 2011-04-11: iPad 2 to see action in kindergartens