LG has announced the introduction of a new wireless charger called the LG Wireless Charging Pad LG WCP-700. Similar to the HP Touchstone charger, this wireless charger well let users charge their LG phones by just placing them on a special charging pad. Using inductive charging technology, this allows the batteries in the phones to be juiced up again without the use of cables. The battery charging pad has visual, audible and tactile feedback to let users know when a phone is properly placed and its charging status. It also features a slim and sleek design that is not much bigger than a phone, which allows it to be conveniently stowed away when not in use. The LG WCP-700 will be available in early April for $69.99, though it wasn’t mentioned which LG phones will work with the device.
Next Story: Adobe fixes Flash Player with an update
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2013-04-11: Wireless Charging System Juices Up Medical Implants
- 2012-09-04: LG Chem wire battery could see future consumer electronics take on new forms
- 2011-12-07: New Bluetooth chip by Broadcom claims 10 year battery life for Bluetooth peripherals
- 2011-11-15: Small holes actually increase battery strength
- 2011-03-07: Charge your Nokia phone with this bicycle charger