Microsoft has begun to ship the first test version of its Windows 8 operating system to PC manufacturers – at least that is what posts on online forums are buzzing about, which means a 2012 release that is late into that year isn’t going to be derailed anytime soon. Microsoft certainly places a lot of importance on Windows 8 simply because it will come with special features for tablets. Apart from that, Windows 8 will also boast the virtue of being the first version of the full Windows desktop OS that is able to run on low-powered ARM processors which are seen in most tablet devices, not to mention a design that clearly favors touchscreen displays. Apparently, the test version of Windows 8 is being touted to go through Microsoft Connect, a program for privileged beta testers. Do you think Microsoft will be able to make an impact on tablets with Windows 8, or will the iPad 3 have conquered the entire tablet market by then?
Next Story: Nokia E6-00 leaked
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2011-11-14 Microsoft streamlines Windows update with Windows 8
- 2011-09-13 Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 confirmed
- 2011-08-16 Microsoft Windows 8 preview coming?
- 2011-04-03 Microsoft explore Ribbons in new user interface
- 2011-02-28 Microsoft intends to parade Windows 8 tablet interface before 2011 is over