It remains to be seen whether Apple would experience more people flocking to their MobileMe service if it were free, and perhaps Apple is testing this ground by lowering the current $99 price point to just $20 annually, at least according to the latest rumors concerning the cloud-based service. MobileMe will not stream songs like other services, instead, it will perform back-ups of individual songs that have been downloaded from iTunes, which means on paper, they can be downloaded again in the future for free to individual iDevices without having to go through the synchronization process. What do you think of this – will it work or not in Apple’s favor?
- 2013-10-01: Former MobileMe Users Now Being Shifted To Standard iCloud Storage
- 2012-09-24: MobileMe users reach end of iCloud storage road
- 2012-06-01: Apple starts sending MobileMe users 30 day warning
- 2012-04-19: Apple Gives Away Snow Leopard for MobileMe Users to Get Onto iCloud
- 2012-04-13: German Court Upholds Ban on Push Email in Apple’s iCloud and MobileMe
- 2011-08-08: Apple kills off MobileMe sync for keychains, widgets, accounts, and preferences officially
- 2011-02-25: Apple Cloud Strategy for Music?