In one of the more creative mods we’ve seen recently, a hobbyist named Tony Blanch built his own motion controller for playing House of the Dead on the computer. He took apart a Nerf gun and added a circuit board that was ripped out of a 5 button wireless mouse. He then set up a Microsoft Kinect to recognize the gun moving and to translate that movement into the mouse cursor moving on the screen. Combined together, he’s managed to turn his desktop PC into an arcade machine (without having to deal with annoying kids hogging the machine before you or even having to pay to play). If you’d like to create your own Nerf Gun for playing House of the Dead head over to Instructables. Hit the break to watch the gun in action – it’s actually pretty responsive.
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: gun, kinect, Microsoft, mod, mouse, nerf, pc, videogames, wireless,
- Seen at: hackaday