The Droid X Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update was rumored to be released yesterday, but it looks like the rumors have fallen short, as Sunday rolled around and the Gingerbread update was nary to be seen. However, it looks like the build that was supposed to be rolled out has found its way onto the internet. TeamBlackHat has publicly leaked the official Gingerbread for not only the Droid X, but for the Droid 2 as well. Since it wasn’t released by Verizon/Motorola, you’ll have to update the ROM yourself so take caution as usual, and make sure you know what you’re doing. But for those of you folks who don’t dare/want to take any risks, just hold out for the official update. If the leak is a sign of things to come, it should be just around the corner. For those of you who do upgrade your Droid X/Droid 2 to Gingerbread using this ROM, let us know how it works out for you.
Next Story: Artificial leaves can power homes in the future
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2011-08-26: Motorola DROID Bionic official pictures leak
- 2011-08-25: Droid 2 Gingerbread update detailed
- 2011-06-29: Gingerbread updates for Motorola DROID devices held back?
- 2011-04-12: New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked
- 2011-03-24: Droid X rumored to receive Gingerbread this Sunday