At the IP&TV World Forum this week, Opera will be unveiling a new version of its embeddable browser engine for TVs. This means that you can now have Opera on your desktop computer, your mobile phone, tablet and on your TV screens. Opera will be launching the Opera Devices SDK 3.0 at the show as well, demonstrating the capabilities and functions of their browser on the TV. Opera for Devices SDK 3.0 features: a redesigned SVG engine that boosts performance up to 10 times, improved HTML5 compliance, enhanced compatibility and simpler integration to manufacturers looking for a HbbTV solution, HTML5 video pre-integrated on some platforms and an upgraded Content Developer Kit (CDK) for developers to help bring HTML5 apps to Opera-powered TVs. A web browser, access to new HTML5 apps and more – what else could anyone ask for? Stay tuned for more details about which manufacturers will be including Opera on their TVs.
- Netflix, YouTube Account For Over 50% Of North American Internet Data
- Comcast's 'Internet Plus' Bundle Offers Internet, HBO For $40 Per Month
- HBO's Game Of Thrones Now Available On Google Play Store
- Netflix Considers Piracy Stats Prior To Purchasing Shows
- Netflix Signs Deal With DreamWorks To Bring Original Content To Its Service