If you store big, you might as well do it in style, right? That’s what OWC seems to think with their Mercury Rack Pro 1U, a unit that can accept up to four hard disk, without using trays. Thanks to the SATA connectors, things should simply snap in the right place, providing connectivity and power. Thanks to RAID (0/1/3/5/10/Span), the unit can be configured to act as a single logical 12TB logical drive. If you want, it’s also possible to use it as a four-bay dock, although a very fancy one. Thanks to the rack mount system, you can pack a bunch of those vertically
The unit comes with all the cables and software necessary for its use and costs from $550 (2TB) to $1500 (12TB). There’s also an Enterprise version that has a better warranty and a data recovery option.
Next Story: Chrome 10 is out of beta
- 2012-01-30: OWC Aura Pro Express 6G adds more storage and speed to the MacBook Air
- 2011-08-25: OWC Mercury 6G SSDs are fast and cheap
- 2011-06-15: Other World Computing announce Mercury Electra 6G SSD drives
- 2011-06-06: OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G SSD has 5-year warranty
- 2011-05-05: OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express Solid State Drive debuts