For those of you who are too lazy to even glance at your screen whenever you get an update from Twitter, boy do we have some good news for you. The folks over at Takara Tomy in Japan have announced the Twimal (Twitter + animal?), a USB-powered creature that is your best friend when it comes to Twitter. Just in case you don’t want to spend time reading tweets while you’re doing something else that’s taking up the whole screen, i.e. work, or playing a game, you can still get your Twitter updates without having to launch your Twitter window. Plug in the Twimal, configure your settings and you’re set. Each time a new Tweet comes in, this little “creature” will read it out to you. You can choose either a male or female voice, and it will be in stores in Japan on March 31 for $31. No word of when it’ll hit the US, but you can expect the gray market to pick up the gadget.
Next Story: Nokia ready to rock with new T7-00 device?
- 2013-05-28: USB-Powered Neck Cooler Seems Perfect To Beat The Summer Heat
- 2013-05-17: Palm-Sized Portable Iron Runs On USB, AA Batteries To Deliver Wrinkle-Free Clothes
- 2013-04-22: Kidswalker NT Has Your Child Piloting Their Own Drill-Equipped Mech
- 2013-04-10: 'North Korea Has Launched A Missile' Accidentally Tweeted By Japanese City
- 2011-12-16: Toshiba Japan unveils USB 3.0 TransMemory-EX flash drive
- 2011-11-18: AP reporters ticked off for tweeting
- 2011-10-21: Twitter Poster lets you create a poster out of your tweets
- 2011-10-06: New York has the most Twitter users among cities
- 2011-07-28: Twitter promoted Tweets now float