While some Galaxy S phones on this side of the world are still struggling to get Android 2.2 (Froyo) updates, it looks like the Galaxy S phones in the rest of the world (i9000) will be getting the update very soon. According to Samsung Romania’s Facebook page, Samsung will be pushing out the Android 2.3 update before the end of the month. Before the phones get the Android 2.3 update, they will be receiving an Android 2.2.1 update first, and that kicks off on March 20. The entire process for the two updates is expected to take only 10-days and will be performed over Kies. Sounds like great news for Samsung Galaxy S users but like most people, we’re skeptical about Samsung’s promises so we’ll just say “we’ll believe it when we see it.” Other phones to receive an update this month will be the Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5 though they won’t be upgraded to Gingerbread (just yet?).
Next Story: All HP PCs to run webOS in 2012
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2012-01-10 Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-05-16 Android Gingerbread update officially announced for Samsung Galaxy devices
- 2011-04-06 Samsung Galaxy S receiving Gingerbread in a matter of weeks
- 2011-03-23 New version of Samsung Kies signals arrival of Gingerbread?
- 2010-12-09 Samsung Won't Confirm If Android 2.3 Will Arrive For Galaxy S