The PlayStation blog released an interesting infographic today regarding the state of 3D and the PlayStation 3. According to the chart, there will be about 30 video games available in 3D by the end of this year, with notable titles including Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Killzone 3 and Socom 4. The PS3 isn’t only about the 3D games this year, but also about 3D movies and content. Of all the highlights, one stands out the most: in one week, there were over 83,000 downloads of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience. What does that tell you? Hot ladies in skimpy bikinis never go out of style and are even more irresistible in three dimensions. If you already own a 3D TV or plan on purchasing one, you’ll have one less thing to complain about: content. Nevertheless, the figures are impressive enough to hear. It’s good to see that Sony isn’t just shooting off its mouth about the grandeurs of 3D and actually dishing out content to prove it’s serious about the format. We can’t tell for sure if 2011 is the year of 3D only on the PS3, but the year’s definitely shaping up to be about 3D hardware in general, whether that’s glasses-free or not. Click for on for the full infographic.
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Peggle 2 Will Receive Duels Mode As Free DLC
- Follow: infographic, playstation, playstation 3, ps3, Sony, sony playstation 3, video games, videogames,
- Seen at: blog.us.playstation