Sony has just launched a new professional grade camcorder – the NEX-FS100. Specially designed for shooting commercials, music videos and action scenes in budget dramas, this camcorder packs an Exmor Super 35 CMOS Sensor that can shoot up to 1080p at 60 frames per second at up to 28Mbps to an SD card, Memory Stick or optional 128 GB SSD. It can also output uncompressed 4:2:2 footage over HDMI, and has a 3.5″ LCD viewfinder for you to keep an eye on the action. It makes use of the Sony E-mount interchangeable lens system used in the NEX-5, 3 and NEX-VG10E Handycam so you won’t have to worry about not having any lenses to add to this bad boy. However, the camera doesn’t come with any lenses of its own, its lens kit will set you back an additional $700 but it gives you a 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 lens, viewfinder tube and shotgun microphone. The NEX-FS100 will cost $5,850 though no release dates have been mentioned yet.
Next Story: Motorola to create its own OS?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF
- 2012-02-27: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Rugged Compact Camera
- 2012-02-27: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX66 Ultra-slim Camera
- 2012-01-29: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V Stylish 18.2 MP Glass Design Camera
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets