[DEMO Spring 2011] Swivel is an augmented reality app that uses either a regular webcam or Kinect to allow people to try on clothes virtually. Another company unveiled a similar solution at DEMO: Webcam Social Shopper by Zugara. Since Kinect launched a few months ago, I was envisioning this kind of product that can help boost sales in fashion e-commerce.
Swivel is fun to use although the graphic result is not as good as we would like, but I am pretty confident that the technology will evolve enough to provide a higher visual quality in the next years.
Facecake, the company developing Swivel, plans to integrate its technology in retailers website or in stores, allowing customers to make their choice faster without having to wander around to find the clothes they like.
Check the video to see how it works and how it looks.
- Google's Eric Schmidt Believes They're Sufficiently Protected From Government Spying
- Europol Warns That Data Theft On Public WiFi Is On The Rise
- Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- comiXology Experiences Security Breach, Password Reset Required
- Yahoo Maps Now Offers Indoor Navigation