[DEMO Spring 2011] Swivel is an augmented reality app that uses either a regular webcam or Kinect to allow people to try on clothes virtually. Another company unveiled a similar solution at DEMO: Webcam Social Shopper by Zugara. Since Kinect launched a few months ago, I was envisioning this kind of product that can help boost sales in fashion e-commerce.
Swivel is fun to use although the graphic result is not as good as we would like, but I am pretty confident that the technology will evolve enough to provide a higher visual quality in the next years.
Facecake, the company developing Swivel, plans to integrate its technology in retailers website or in stores, allowing customers to make their choice faster without having to wander around to find the clothes they like.
Check the video to see how it works and how it looks.
- 2013-07-18: DEMO Fall 2013, Oct. 15-17 Silicon Valley
- 2013-06-25: Gran Turismo 6 Demo Out This July 2
- 2013-03-28: Activision Shows Next-Gen Tech At GDC With Impressive Visuals
- 2013-03-12: The Last Of Us Demo Coming May 31
- 2013-01-28: Gears Of War: Judgment Multiplayer Overrun Demo Releasing March 19
- 2012-04-04: DEMO Spring 2012: New tech innovations take the stage
- 2011-08-08: DEMO - The solid choice for non-stop innovation
- 2011-02-28: DEMO 2011, the best startups are presenting now
- 2011-02-28: ecoATM: Recycle your Gadgets and Get Cash
- 2011-01-11: DEMO Spring 2011 - Feb 27- Mar 1, 2011 - Palm Desert