Time sure flies fast – here we have news of micro blogging site Twitter turning five already, has it been that long? This means 60 months has passed since the first tweet in the world was sent by Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, where the message read rather unceremoniously, “just setting up my twttr,” and among the other impressive statistics to follow include over 30 billion 140-character-or-less messages, pushing Twitter to the forefront of consumer web companies as they try to find different ways to engage with their customers. The company has also been valued at around $10 billion, although we’re pretty sure that some of you out there beg to differ. They were mulling over whether to move their base of operations from San Francisco to elsewhere earlier this year, and the city wanted to keep them there as part of the city’s “attraction” so to speak. What do you think of the iconic company’s future in the next half decade?
Next Story: Rovio might want to take off with IPO
- 2014-04-08: Twitter User Profile Redesign
- 2014-04-07: Twitter Acquires Cover, A Popular Android Lock Screen
- 2014-04-06: Twitter Has 15 New Ad Products It Would Like To Target You With
- 2014-04-03: Vine Direct Messaging Launched
- 2014-04-03: U.S. Created Secret 'Cuban Twitter' To Spark Unrest [Report]