VMware has released VMware View, a new client for iPad that lets users access their virtual Windows systems from the iPad. Aimed mainly at (large?) businesses, the new client would allow iPad users to run Windows applications on a remote server, from an iPad. Business have traditionally been using the Windows platform, but VMware argues that the viewer is a great way to operate Windows app from a tablet.
The VMware viewer supports a trackpad (including multi-touch) and uses a virtual keyboard for text input. It also supports iPad accessories like the keyboard dock, and the VGA adapter. Ironically, this is probably better than running a Windows tablet because the processing actually happens remotely on a powerful server – versus locally on a much slower processor. The downside is that this setup is probably too complex for small businesses to handle. Video in the full post.
Next Story: iTunes 10.2.1 released
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-02-12: iPad Business Experiencing Strong Slow Down [Analyst]
- 2011-01-25: Microsoft trying to scare partners and enterprises away from the iPad?
- 2010-03-08: Ezy Tablet PC Looks Like A Distant Cousin To The iPad
- 2010-04-14: Brucomax Launches Their Latest 10-inch Tablet Computer