A couple of weeks ago, Warner Brothers and Facebook started a movie rental service on the popular social network, and it looks like response has been great. Warner Brothers as just announced that they will be adding 5 more titles to the lonely The Dark Knight movie that was made available earlier this month. The movies that cost 30 Facebook Credits ($3) to rent, will give users 48 hours to finish the movie whilst still chatting with their friends on Facebook, mimicking the experience of watching movies together with friends (but not quite). The 5 more movies that will be added to the rental line up are: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Inception, Life as We Know It and Yogi Bear. Since Facebook is already well on its way to dominating every aspect of our lives, it would be a matter of time before it took over movie rental as well. I predict a music-based service on Facebook next.
Next Story: Microsoft shows off 234" touchscreen in Germany
- Netflix, YouTube Account For Over 50% Of North American Internet Data
- Comcast's 'Internet Plus' Bundle Offers Internet, HBO For $40 Per Month
- HBO's Game Of Thrones Now Available On Google Play Store
- Netflix Considers Piracy Stats Prior To Purchasing Shows
- Netflix Signs Deal With DreamWorks To Bring Original Content To Its Service