At the Games Developer Conference (GDC 2011) this week, Nintendo showed off what their top-selling Wii console was capable of. Running a special version of Mario Kart Wii on the Wii, Nintendo’s Producer, Hideki Konno gave a demonstration showing that their 4 year old + console could be used to display 3D content on a glasses-free 3D TV. It sure looks like Nintendo is really pushing forward the 3D revolution, especially since their latest handheld console the 3DS comes with its own glasses-free 3D capable screen. Can we expect Nintendo’s next console to be a 3D gaming console? Something tells me you can count on it. What is your take on 3D gaming – will it catch on like wildfire or will it simply fade away?
Next Story: ASUS motherboard boxes double up as PC cases
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-25: US The Last Bastion For The Nintendo Wii As Europe Folds
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii Discontinuation In Japan Won't Affect Console's Availability In U.S.
- 2013-10-20: Nintendo Wii Discontinued In Japan
- 2013-10-01: Nintendo Wii Production In Japan To Cease Soon
- 2011-03-03: Nintendo has glasses-free 3D Wii prototype