Acer did promise that they will be rolling out a new tablet phone that sports a 4.8″ display at 1,024 x 480 resolution before April 2011 is over, but before you turn around and point accusing fingers at the Taiwanese computer manufacturer that they did not keep to their word, perhaps the Iconia Smart that has now made its way to the FCC make the cut – just in time?
Perhaps, or perhaps not, but we do know from the FCC that the Acer Iconia Smart will come with a brushed aluminum frame to keep up with the times, where radiation test reports have already been run on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread-powered device, showing off quad-band GSM support that will make it play nice in both Canada and US territories.
Since the North American version only comes with 850, 1900 and 2100MHz 3G frequencies, it does seem to point towards an AT&T release. Apart from that, you will find that the Iconia Smart to be powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor, sporting 512MB ROM, an equal number of RAM, an 8-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, a micro HDMI output that maxes out at 720p, a 1500mAh user-replaceable battery and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity. Oh yeah, how else can we forget about GPS support for this puppy as well? Now to wait for an official release date…
Next Story: Hulu Plus on Xbox 360 this April 29th?
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2013-08-08: Acer DA241HL/Gateway N1-2400 Hits The FCC
- 2013-05-29: Acer Iconia B1-710 Pops Up On The FCC
- 2012-07-19: Acer Iconia Tab A110 clears the FCC
- 2012-07-05: Acer Iconia Tab A120 receives FCC nod of approval
- 2012-05-17: Acer Iconia Tab A700 hits the FCC