Acer also jumps into the tablet game with the Iconia Tab A500, but why stop there when you can maximize it with the introduction of peripherals? That is exactly what Acer intends to do with their Iconia Tab A500, bringing along with it a docking station and a remote control. Just before we continue, let us refresh our memories of the Icona Tab A500 and what it represents – a 10.1″ display at 1,280 x 800 resolution, and an NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor for seamless HD video playback among others.
The docking station will sport HDMI output, which makes perfect sense since you can always use the A500 to playback your favorite HD videos over on a large screen TV, and while doing so and reveling in your couch potato role, you can always make use of the wireless remote control to cater to your everyw him and fancy.
Blogeee managed to pick up some images of the upcoming docking station and remote control, where the latter will allow you to handle audio or video playback right from the comfort of where you are, and the dock itself makes sure the tablet is propped at an angle that doesn’t cause a neck sprain, although we would highly recommend you hooking it up to a much larger external display.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-11-16: Acer Iconia Tab A500 gets Android 4.2 Jelly Bean AOSP port
- 2012-02-15: Iconia Tab A500 to get Ice Cream Sandwich in April 2012
- 2011-07-05: Acer releases Android 3.1 for tablets in Germany
- 2011-06-10: Gateway TP-A60W arrives at the FCC, is rebranded Iconia Tab A500
- 2011-04-08: Acer Iconia Tab A500 arrives officially in the US