Dell’s Alienware unit is at the forefront of news again, and just as we brought you word of the Alienware M14x gaming notebook making waves not only in Malaysia but Stateside (and possibly other countries as well), here is Dell with their official press release, delivering the M14x which will be accompanied by an enhanced M11x for more mobile gaming options for the discerning gamer.
The Alienware M14x is no slouch when it comes to gaming, and is touted to offer unprecedented power to the gamer on-the-go. Featuring second-generation Intel Core i processors that are capable of delivering the most immersive high-performance gaming experience you can possibly imaginable, why not check out the list of specifications in the extended post? As with any other self-respecting gaming notebook, the Alienware M14x will not start too cheaply, and neither is it out of range for the newbie gamer at $1,199 a pop, depending on the types of specifications you want to throw in.
HDMI 1.4 connectivity lets you hook up the M14x to 3D-capable HDTVs for incredible, lifelike 3D gaming, while SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports pave the way for up to 10x the speed of USB 2.0 connections, so make sure you have empty USB 3.0 hard drives to support this puppy.
- 14-inch WLED HD (720p) display standard (1366×768) or optional 14-inch WLED HD+ (900p) display (1600×900)
- Second-generation Overclockable Intel Core i CPUs with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Updated graphics featuring the NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M with up to 3GB of VRAM
- NVIDIA Optimus technology to extend battery life
- Up to 8GB of 1600MHz Extreme-Performance system memory
- HDMI 1.4 to support connectivity on HDTVs and 7.1 digital audio
- Audio powered by Klipsch (onboard speakers)
- Optional Intel WiMAX technology