Jane McGonigal’s upcoming alternate reality game (ARG) will offer players the chance to participate in historical quests in the New York Public Library. Just before we proceed and you ask who Jane McGonigal is, she is well known for her progressive thoughts on videogames as well as how they are able to change the world. One of the ways would be through the alternate reality game, which involves a technique that combines the real world alongside concepts that are found in games including quests and rewards. May 20th this year will be the day where McGonigal delivers a new ARG to the New York Public Library in oder to raise interest in the building’s contents. The game is known as Find the Future: The Game, where 500 players are allowed to participate in a “Write All Night” event, as they explore the library with laptops and smartphones while answering questions about their experiences. After that day, anyone with a personal device can play Find the Future, or access it via the NYPL’s public computers.
- 2014-01-28: Augmented Reality In Public Buses Might Attract More Passengers
- 2014-01-06: Turkish Bank App For Windows Phone Incorporates Augmented Reality
- 2013-12-20: Meta Pro Smart Glasses Wants To Take Augmented Reality To The Next Level
- 2013-10-17: Wikitude Studio Upgrade Brings Video Augmentations
- 2013-10-01: Volkswagen Demonstrates MARTA AR App To Help With Repairs