According to the latest reports from Reuters, we will be seeing the next generation iPhone this September. Three of their sources who are touted to have direct knowledge of the company’s supply chain provided them with the information about the iPhone 5 release.
Like previous rumors have mentioned, the iPhone 5 will feature a similar design to the iPhone 4, which means that Apple will be keeping the current look for at least 2 years – like they did with the previous generation iPhones (3G and 3GS) that don’t look very different from one another. Additional details have also been leaked, with camera module maker Largan Precision Co Ltd, touchscreen maker Wintek Corp and case maker Foxconn Technology Co Ltd supposedly confirmed to be part of the production line as well.
But with no official word of confirmation from Apple or the component manufacturers, I say take this news with a pinch of salt. How many of you are expecting the iPhone 5 to arrive this September?
Next Story: Acer Aspire One 722 being prepped for release
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]