It seems that as far back as 2009, Apple filed a patent for a Hybrid DisplayPort/USB 3.0 Adapter. Of course, with the introduction of Thunderbolt (not the smartphone) which is a new fast transfer technology that was co-developed by Intel and Apple is based on DisplayPort technology, it is quite likely that Thunderbolt is part of this patent, although the extent of its scope is unknown. According to the patent, it will pave the way for the possibility of future connectors having a reduced height, which would come in as handy since the iPod touch is already about as slim as it can get without having to sacrifice the current 30-pin connector. Only time will tell at just where this patent is going to lead us, so stay tuned!RELATED
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Follow: Apple Inc, apple patent, patent, thunderbolt,
- Seen at: 9to5mac