It seems that as far back as 2009, Apple filed a patent for a Hybrid DisplayPort/USB 3.0 Adapter. Of course, with the introduction of Thunderbolt (not the smartphone) which is a new fast transfer technology that was co-developed by Intel and Apple is based on DisplayPort technology, it is quite likely that Thunderbolt is part of this patent, although the extent of its scope is unknown. According to the patent, it will pave the way for the possibility of future connectors having a reduced height, which would come in as handy since the iPod touch is already about as slim as it can get without having to sacrifice the current 30-pin connector. Only time will tell at just where this patent is going to lead us, so stay tuned!
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]