Apple knows that they have a hot potato in the form of the iPad 2 tablet – and for good reason, too. After all, the iPad was the device that actually kickstarted the whole tablet craze, never mind that there were tablets from other manufacturers running on different operating systems beforehand. No other tablet devices have come close to the iPad’s popularity since it was launched, and it goes without saying that the sequel, the iPad 2, is also doing gangbusters everywhere it is released around the world.
To cope with potential shortage of parts in the future, Apple decided not to hedge all of their eggs in a single basket, hence the latest news that they have managed to get Chimei Innolux Corp. to join their other two suppliers (TPK Holding Corp. and Wintek Corp.) to deliver touch panel sensors for the hard-to-find iPad 2.
Chimei Innolux will be the third supplier of touch panel sensors and displays for the iPad 2, where Apple intends to secure more components and boost production of the fabled tablet. Do you think this plan will make haste iPad 2 production as there are enough displays to get fitted onto the iPad 2 chassis, and hence making shortages non-existent?
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-10-21: iPad 2 Is Still Apple's Most Widely Used Tablet
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-30: 7 Chinese Jailed In "Kidney For iPad" Trial
- 2012-10-22: Apple rumored to phase out iPad 2 after iPad mini goes on sale
- 2011-09-20: iPad 2 comes to China with 3G this Wednesday
- 2011-09-01: Foxconn to ship 20M iPads to Apple in Q3 2011
- 2011-08-02: iPad Head Girl
- 2011-06-27: Singapore National Service recruits to receive iPads this November
- 2011-06-02: iPad 2 for your kidney?