The iPad 2 was selling like hot cakes when it first hit the retail shelves, and now, almost a month later it’s still flying off the shelves like nobody’s business. In order to meet the demands of the consumers, Apple has been reported to be looking for more component makers to help them deal with the shortage of iPad 2 tablets stores worldwide are facing right now.
The rumors stem from reports of Everlight, a Taiwanese manufacturer of LED-based products, sending some of their products over to Apple for testing. With Apple predicted to ship out 45 million iPad 2 tablets in 2011 – it wouldn’t be surprising to assume that they’ve got a whole line of suppliers knocking on their doors, trying to get a piece of the pie as well.
With iPad 2 tablets being sold in more countries with each month that passes, Apple is going to need all the help they can get to make sure their shipments out to their customers on time. Perhaps this will solve the bleeding backlight issue found in some iPad 2 tablets? How many of you will be getting an iPad 2 this year? Check out our iPad 2 review if you haven’t yet.
Next Story: Google Chrome OS Stable Channel opened
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-11-18: JBL OnBeat Xtreme speaker dock available now
- 2011-11-03: Apple rumored to release two iPad tablets next year
- 2011-08-03: Rage HD optimized for the iPad 2
- 2011-08-03: Griffin IntelliCase for iPad 2 now available