In China, if you have an old photograph that you would like repaired for you; you could do it by yourself, send it to a shop for a fee, or bring it to Baojun Yuan who will do it for free. The 76 year old Chinese man has been repairing photographs for the past 16 years for folks who are too poor to afford such services. With over 2,000 old photos under his belt – his experience and skills have been honed to extremely high levels, despite him learning the software only when he was 60 years old.
The Design Inspiration recently showcased some of his work on their website, and it is pretty impressive. When questioned about why he doesn’t charge for services, he simply replied, “my teacher just taught me how to repair the photos, but he forgot to tell me how to charge.” It’s people like him that show us we’re never too old to start anything. Check out Baojun Yan’s work.
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2014-04-04: iPhone Demand In China Waning In Face Of Local Competition
- 2014-03-26: Octa-Core HTC Desire 616 Photo Revealed
- 2014-03-21: Trip To China: Smog Insurance Now Available
- 2014-01-23: Photoshop Express For Android Announced
- 2013-02-10: Surface Pro Photoshop Support: Status Update
- 2012-10-04: Girl tattoos Adobe Photoshop tool on forearm
- 2012-06-14: Adobe Photoshop to receive Retina display update for the next-gen MacBook Pros
- 2012-04-22: Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 Suite
- 2011-01-04: Software to tell us if an image has been photoshopped