Like Time Warner did recently, Cablevision has just announced the launch of their iPad app, Optimum. Allowing users to stream everything that they can watch on their existing Cablevision subscription on the iPad for free, Optimum basically turns the iPad into an additional TV screen. The app will allow users to access hundreds of channels and video on demand, and has the ability to schedule DVR recordings. And to get around any legal issues, Cablevision has stressed that the channels are not streamed to the iPad over the internet, and it basically turns the iPad into a TV screen that can be used around the house. It wasn’t mentioned how well this will go down, but here’s to hoping TV channels loosen up a bit and let such apps exist. After all, having the convenience of watching your shows wherever you want in your house without being tied down to the TV would make a lot more people watch TV. Optimum for iPad is available now on the Apple App Store for free.
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- Cellular Retina iPad Mini Supply Still Appears To Be Tight
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Follow: app, app store, iOS, iPad, itunes, streaming, tv,