Is your gaming notebook creaking so hard, that even to load one level in StarCraft II, it takes forever to do so? Well, isn’t that a signal of times to come, which is every geek’s favorite outing, or the guys’ equivalent of going out to the mall to purchase the latest handbag or pair of shoes? We’re talking about shopping for a new gaming machine, of course, and this is where you start to reap the rewards of having a good savings plan over the years to get a future-proof notebook.
Word on the street has it that the highly leaked Alienware M14x gaming notebook is already available for pre-order, with some spotting it first on Dell Malaysia’s site, where the most basic model is going for RM4,799 – when translated to the fast depreciating dollar, we will have to divide that by just three. Being of Alienware pedigree, you will obviously be able to tweak the specs accordingly if you want to (and your budget permits, of course), where you can pony up extra dough to get up to a Core i7 2820QM processor, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M graphics with 3GB of DDR3 memory (and Optimus technology), and a 14″ display in either 1,366 x 768 or 1,600 x 900 resolution.
In other news, it seems that the US release for the M14x is also happening, so we could be looking at a quiet global launch here.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2010-01-07: Alienware M11x gaming notebook
- 2010-01-07: Alienware M11x photo gallery
- 2010-01-29: Alienware M11x priced
- 2010-02-01: Dell Alienware M11x now available for pre-order