Yesterday, news broke out that there would be a special edition of racing game Dirt 3 on Xbox 360 and PS3 that would cost a hefty $300! Where games on those platforms usually retail for $60, special editions usually don’t max out at more than $150 or so – that’s including special figurines, artwork, soundtracks, plastic Master Chief busts, night vision goggles or whatever the game publishers try to shoehorn into the box. Kotaku did some digging around and learned that the R/C car that’s bundled in with the Dirt 3 special edition is actually a professional R/C car by Traxxas – a toy that normally retails for $550. Personally, I think a high-definition game costing $60 is already expensive enough and shelling out more money for some “memorabilia” that you’ll likely not even play with for more than a few times is a waste of money. My advice: save that money for more games. With the extra $240 you could by 4 more games.
Next Story: Kno tablet is no more
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2011-04-14: Developers of Battlefield 3 want PS4 and Xbox 720 now
- 2011-04-07: New Sonic game might feature old cuter Sonic
- 2011-04-05: Harmonix drops Rock Band 3 down to $20 on all platforms
- 2011-04-04: PlayStation 3 topples Xbox 360 sales worldwide