With the 3DS is out in three major markets and slowly declining Wii sales, it would seem as if the next-generation (at least for Nintendo) is upon us. So where on Earth is Square Enix’s Dragon Quest X? Since its announcement in December 2008, we’ve barely heard anything about the monster slaying JRPG. If Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii is to be believed, the game is still in development for the Wii and is in its final stage. With so many rumors that Nintendo will unveil a Wii 2 sometime this year with high definition graphics, is there still any point in developing for a console that’ll surely show it’s weaknesses? Sure! Seeing as how Nintendo is not planning any compelling games, other than the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Wii owners will likely be in for a game drought. If Dragon Quest X hits around the holidays, it should be able to boost Wii sales, as well as give the console its last hurrah moment before bowing out gracefully.
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Bethesda’s Silence Is Deafening For Fallout Fans
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Bethesda Has Nothing To Announce At The Spike TV VGX
- Final Fantasy VIII Launches On PC Via Steam
- Follow: nintendo, nintendo wii, square enix, video games, videogames, wii,
- Seen at: escapistmagazine