Epson is more often than not a name which is synonymous with projectors (and printers, of course), and this time around we have the PowerLite Pilot Connection and Control Box – a solution that is not only simple but easy-to-use as well, delivering extensive control of multimedia sources that are connected to Epson’s wall-mounted short throw and ultra-short throw classroom projectors. To put it in a nutshell, the PowerLite Pilot will allow teachers to have one convenient place to hook up and manage audio and video sources including PCs, DVD players and iPods amongst others, making projector operation and cable management a whole lot simpler than they currently are.
Apart from that, Epson will also be introducing a couple of optional accessories, with the first being a wireless pendant microphone while the other would be powerful external speakers, with the later specially designed to deliver attention grabbing sound while making sure one achieves a complete, integrated classroom control and sound enhancement solution. These accessories will be able to help amplify sound and ensure that all students in the class are able to hear the lessons (unless they’re plugged into their iPods, of course).
The PowerLite Pilot will come in a sleek, wall-mountable box alongside large buttons that make it easy to operate, while a cable cover makes sure that it looks organized at all times, which would be essential if you’re running an educational organization. Among the connectivity options include HDMI, a couple of VGA (computer 1 and 2) connectors with corresponding Audio (inputs/outputs), S-Video with Audio (inputs/outputs), AUX Audio (for use with devices such as an iPod), USB Type A, USB Type B, and Record Out. The PowerLite Pilot will be out for $249 at the end of June, while the optional speakers and wireless microphone will retail for $149 and $449, respectively. [Press Release]
- 2014-02-10: M-Tracer Device Analyzes Your Golf Swings
- 2014-01-09: Epson Pulsense Line Announced
- 2013-12-09: Epson Connect Printers Synchronize Wirelessly With Kindle Tablets
- 2013-01-24: Over 100 Epson Printer Models Now Support Apple AirPrint
- 2013-01-22: Epson 0.48-inch Camera Viewfinder Display Sports 1,024 x 768 Resolution
- 2013-01-07: Epson 3LCD PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD, an affordable home theater projector
- 2012-01-23: Epson iProjection wireless app
- 2011-11-09: LG 3D projector for your living room
- 2011-09-14: Epson MegaPlex projectors target iDevices
- 2010-08-23: Epson unveils PowerLite 1220 and PowerLite 1260 projectors