Today Evernote released its latest version for Windows, now users will be able to… share! The new “Quick note sharing” allows Evernoters to share their notes with friends, families, and colleagues through email, Facebook and Twitter.
It is interesting to notice that these features were not implemented sooner, since Evernote is a Silicon Valley-based company where people cannot live or breathe without sharing it on social networking sites.
For the people who are not familiar with the application, Evernote helps people remember everything by letting them to save text, web pages, photos or screen shots in a web-based document. The application makes it easy to organize documents in notebooks and search them using keywords, titles and tags.
Other updates include:
- Shared notebooks feature, for collaboration among friends or colleagues
- Status bar option, to view word and character count
- Improvements to note formatting
- And more
Quick note sharing:
A Share button has been added into the menu bar, users just have to click the button and select a sharing option to post on Facebook, Twitter or send it via email. (screen shot above)
Warning from the company: Keep in mind that sharing a single note makes it completely public and available to anyone with access to the URL. You can stop sharing at any time by clicking on the Shared link at the top of a shared note.
When working on a group project, people will need more than just sharing a note, that’s why a new Shared tab has been added that gives the ability to share an entire notebook. (screen shot above)
Word and character count:
You can access the new Status Bar option form the View menu, when you activate it, a bar will appear along the bottom of the note panel displaying word and character counts. Character is the number in parentheses. (screen shot above)
Next Story: Elonex launches eTouch budget tablets
- 2014-04-02 Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2014-03-05 Evernote For Android Supports Handwriting Now
- 2014-01-28 Evernote Sync Gets 4X Faster
- 2013-12-12 Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- 2013-12-11 Nearly A Third Of Evernote's Revenue Comes From Its Store
- 2013-10-29 Livescribe 3 Smart Pen Announced
- 2011-03-29 Evernote web app updated