Who would have thought that so late into the game, Sony might actually be flirting with a new kind of PlayStation 3? At least, that is the impression that we have received in a mysterious FCC filing by Sony that pointed to model numbers CECH-3001A/B. This does seem to be a new generation of the PS3, considering the original PS3 and PS3 Slim were placed under the CECH 2xxx series.
Apart from the model numbers that were revealed, very little else is known about the new PS3, apart from the label location that is depicted above. We do know that test reports do point towards the existence of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, in addition to a hard drive.
Interestingly enough, the CECH-3001 PS3 model number did make an appearance online from as early as December last year, but since Sony has not furnished the masses with any additional information concerning the new device, we are in the dark as to how different it will be compared to its prdecessors. More updates to come in due time.
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-03 Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-03-28 T-Mobile's Xperia T2 Ultra Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Passes Through The FCC
- 2014-03-18 Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2010-02-22 FCC shows off two more PlayStation 3 Slim models