Who would have thought that so late into the game, Sony might actually be flirting with a new kind of PlayStation 3? At least, that is the impression that we have received in a mysterious FCC filing by Sony that pointed to model numbers CECH-3001A/B. This does seem to be a new generation of the PS3, considering the original PS3 and PS3 Slim were placed under the CECH 2xxx series.
Apart from the model numbers that were revealed, very little else is known about the new PS3, apart from the label location that is depicted above. We do know that test reports do point towards the existence of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, in addition to a hard drive.
Interestingly enough, the CECH-3001 PS3 model number did make an appearance online from as early as December last year, but since Sony has not furnished the masses with any additional information concerning the new device, we are in the dark as to how different it will be compared to its prdecessors. More updates to come in due time.RELATED
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Nintendo Updates 3DS With Miiverse Among Others
- Fallout 4 Website Creator Hoped His Stunt Would Force Bethesda To Reveal Their Hand
- BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- Follow: FCC, ps3, Sony,
- Seen at: wirelessgoodness